Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pain

I've been in a lot of pain the last few days.  I'm pretty sure kidney stones have reared their ugly heads once again because of where the pain is.  Several years ago I had lithotripsy done twice, but of course, the stones still remain.  I can't have the lithotripsy done anymore because I can't have the anesthesia, unfortunately.  All I can do is drink lots of water and lemonade (lemons help break up whatever mine are made out of), carefully monitor the pain, and pray that there are no complications.  The pain comes and goes, so I'm not worried about there being a bigger problem, but it just becomes annoying.
I've also been nauseous a lot more lately.  Jake and Kati are convinced it's my blood pressure meds.  (Although, it could be partly from the kidney stone pain too.)  I'll monitor that more in the next week or so and if it doesn't get better I'll call my endocrine docs and see if there's anything they can do about it.  Until then...I just eat what I can, when I can.
Unfortunately, not being able to eat much lately means I've also lost some weight.  Kati and Eric said several times they thought I'd lost weight, but I thought I was still okay.  Yesterday, though, I weighed myself and I've lost about 6 pounds, so...ya.  Once again, I'll just eat whatever I can, when I can.  
Hopefully, all this stuff will clear up enough so I'm not miserable when there are Christmas gatherings.  Not to mention that my cousin, Ryan, and his wife, Logan, are going to be here before New Year's and for about a week after.  Ryan is in the Navy and stationed in Connecticut.  They're expecting their first baby in April so we're having a baby shower for them while they're here.  Ryan (and now Logan too) has always had a special place in my heart so I'm really looking forward to seeing them and seeing little Lyle in-utero :)  So I need to be feeling decently when they get here!!

Thanks for praying!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Praying much for you.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete