Monday, November 3, 2008

Randomness

Jake and mom came up for the weekend.  Dad is on Colorado on his annual Elk Chasing, er, Hunting trip so he obviously wasn't here.  (He called me today and said he actually got a shot off this year, so he is now officially a hunter.)  We didn't do a whole lot.  My med schedule is such that it doesn't allow for a lot of time out.  We went out to eat on Saturday and Sunday and saw a movie on Saturday night.  "Changeling" was a good movie.  It was a tough movie to watch, but a good one.  My favorite part of the week while I'm here is the weekends.  I get visitors, get out of the hospital, and get away from hospital food.  It's not all bad food, but it does get boring after awhile.  We did a little shopping on Sunday too, but before I knew it it was time to be back for my next med.  I'm pretty tired now...too much excitement :)
I got my Tob trough today and haven't heard anything about it, so I'm assuming it was okay.  Tomorrow I'll finally do a PFT (Pulmonary Function Test).  We always have them on Tuesdays and Fridays but Dr. Hornick lets me decide if I want to do them or not.  I was feeling pretty crappy last week so I didn't do them at all.  I'm anxious to see what they look like, though, so I'll do them tomorrow.
So far I haven't had any side effects from the new med.  I'm supposed to watch for dizziness, especially when I stand up, but I haven't noticed it at all, so that's good.  Over the weekend I finally started feeling better.  It took longer this time to actually start feeling the progress.  My hope is that it will continue.  I'm still coughing but not like last week.  I got up a lot of junk today and it was easier to get up, so I think that's good.  Exercise was tough today, but I think this was just a bad day for me.
I guess that's it for now.  Sorry it's all kind of random...I really need a nap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment