Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My "Free" Day

Not much to share today.  Wednesdays are the "free" days.  No tests at all...just exercise.  It went really well again today.  I'm kinda kicking butt and that always pumps me up :)  
I'm feeling better today although I'm quite tired again.  I got woken up at about 3am by someone taking the other bed out of my room.  I have no idea why they needed it or why they needed it at 3am.  Oh well.  Then I got woken up at 7:30am to do nebs to be ready for CPT.  Usually I don't get woken up until 8 or 8:30, so with all that I'm pretty tired.  
I'm not having the pain in my side anymore and getting up to do things isn't as tough.  So it's my theory that a lot of people prayed about that and so now it's gone :-D  I don't know what Dr. Hornick will think.  I haven't seen him yet today.  He may have come when I was gone, I don't know.  I'm not really worried about anything though.  
I did see the endocrinologist (not Dr. Doelle, but someone else I've never met) and he commented on how well I was documenting my blood sugars and insulin.  I about started laughing.  If he only knew.  I also talked to the dietician today about carbs.  She gave me a booklet thing that should help me some more.  I'm actually finding out that a lot more of what the doctors and nurses told me when I first became diabetic stuck than I thought.  I'm a lot better at estimating carbs than I thought I was.  That's building my confidence a bit more :)
I didn't post this yesterday, but I had a visitor!  Very exciting for me!  My friend, Heather Fey, was in Iowa visiting her aunt and uncle, so she stopped by!  Her uncle works at the hospital so he was able to find me for her.  That comes in pretty handy because this place can be pretty confusing if you're not used to it.  We only got to talk for about 10 minutes before they came to get me for the x-ray, but that really brightened up my week.  Heather and her husband, Paul, are in our small group Bible study at church.  They are great friends and are one of the most encouraging couples we've ever met.  We love hanging out with them and I am really looking forward to getting back to our small group when I get home.

'til later...

No comments:

Post a Comment