Monday, November 10, 2008

Thinking and Praying

Jake and I have been talking about the transplant.  We've been praying about it.  I know others are praying for us.  I keep having the same thoughts and feelings about it.  The trouble is, my answer doesn't make sense.  More than anything, I want to do God's will and not my own.  I want to take the right path, but sometimes God's path doesn't follow what we see as logic.  Not to mention if I go through with what I've been feeling I need to do, it kind of scares me.  Not that it's bad, but just uncomfortable.
Since confusion does not come from God, I know that I've been getting in the way.  Tonight, I went to the first chapter of Joshua and read this:
"Be strong and very courageous.  Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.  Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it.  Then you will be prosperous and successful.  Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
Though I won't be sharing what has been going through my head right now, I was really encouraged by these verses.  I'm going to continue to pray and I hope that whoever reads this will pray with me too.

1 comment: